Mi prometido.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ecstatic for upcoming nuptials!!!

I became engaged on March 15, 2009 in Las Vegas, and on July 31, 2009, I will marry the best friend I’ve ever known, in a beach ceremony at Sandals Resort, in Montego Bay, Jamaica… I’VE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED!!! As a final post for the blog project, I decided to explicate a few of my ideas onto my blog.

Instead of opting for the traditional, full-blown, complicated wedding ceremony that everyone enjoys except for the bride and groom, we opted for a destination wedding. (Don’t misunderstand. I love traditional weddings, and I think they are beautiful, but that path was not for us!) We’ve had to do a little paper work in order to obtain an international wedding license, and to ensure the resort of our identities (by way of sending notarized copies of pretty much everything but our underwear sizes). Other than that, we are finished!

I’ve purchased my dress…absolutely love it! He’s purchased his suit (sand-colored linen). The resort takes care of everything else. How awesome! I attempted to embed a video of the flower collection we’ll be having at the ceremony, but unfortunately, I couldn’t figure it out. Anyway, if you care to take a look, it’s at Sandals, and it’s the Preston Bailey Caribbean Sunset Collection. It’s breathtaking!

One neat feature offered by the resort, and a perfect example of the far-reaching capabilities of technology, is the ability to webstream (another new verb) the actual ceremony for all of those unable to attend. How cool is that? Webstreaming won’t be available on the actual day of the ceremony, but one day after, you can take a look if you’d like.

Regardless of the venue, I’m just happy to be happy, and I hope you all are, too!

Pray for no rain! :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I have a question. Where did your first favorite quote come from? I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete